Check Out Our Shop
Page 1648 of 1657 FirstFirst ... 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 ... LastLast
Results 41,176 to 41,200 of 41419
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sounds like a HUGE wind event Sat-Sun for the Front Range. Downsloping winds are going to fuck shit up.
    Yeah its looking pretty rough, gusts 80+. Trees that barely hung on after multiple feet of wet snow are gonna have a tough time. I saw one projection sat night of a wind chill of 12 even though temps will be in the low 40s.

Hopefully no local cults have burnt any piles recently

Prepare for xcel to be cutting off power.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Prepare for xcel to be cutting off power.
    Yup, they're saying 3pm today through at least noon tomorrow

Crazy but probably smart. Let's play this game. Which weather station on CAIC will recorded the highest gust and what will it be? Price is Right rules.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

109, niwot ridge
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Peak 6

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

Niwot Ridge 104

Xcel kinda ruining their plausible deniability defense for Marshall fire by shutting things down today, but I can appreciate the move.

I'll go dark horse NCAR station at 98
    https://archive.eol.ucar.edu/cgi-bin...&units=english

I was trying to find a station for around hwy 93/72 intersection. Not sure exactly where this is but I wouldn't be surprised if that touches high 90s
    https://jefferson-co.weatherstem.com/coalcreek

https://www.wilderadventures.com/winds

Here you go

Sent from a 6 m/s face melting thermal

Hwy 93 & 72 (Coal Creek) -- my guess will be 103mph gust recorded.

This station has already recorded an 81mph gust....

Here's the weather station:
    https://www.windy.com/station/madis-...22,-105.187,13

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Xcel kinda ruining their plausible deniability defense for Marshall fire by shutting things down today, but I can appreciate the move.
    Funny, that's exactly what I said to my wife when I saw that on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Hwy 93 & 72 (Coal Creek) -- my guess will be 103mph gust recorded.

This station has already recorded an 81mph gust....

Here's the weather station:
    https://www.windy.com/station/madis-...22,-105.187,13
    TY to you both...I somehow got into this link via Foggy's post and it's a different format but seems same station as yours HBM
    https://explore.synopticdata.com/CO109/24h

Had to convert kph to mph but it's at 90mph right now. Really humming here at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Funny, that's exactly what I said to my wife when I saw that on the news.
    Seems to me twelve tribes had more to do with the primary ignition but you don't sue a cult that runs a weird deli, you sue the power company. I appreciate they acted today even if it makes them look poorly in court or in retrospect. Either way would much rather replace the arugula in my fridge than my home

I'm no expert, but in product liability litigation, I don't think you can use evidence of a change in design (made to mitigate a possible defect) as proof that there was a defect in the first place; as a public policy measure you don't want to create a disincentive for companies to ignore a problem rather than fix it.

Maybe the same applies here?
    Last edited by Danno; 04-07-2024 at 08:20 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

93 at Peak 6

90 at Coal Creek Canyon

Niwot Ridge looks like it went offline?

I’m near Standley lake area (east of coal creek), windiest I can remember in near 20 years. Lost some tree limbs but I did gain a kids swimming pool and a basketball in my yard

Fence builders will have a couple good months of work lined up around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm no expert, but in product liability litigation, I don't think you can use evidence of a change in design (made to mitigate a possible defect) as proof that there was a defect in the first place; as a public policy measure you don't want to create a disincentive for companies to ignore a problem rather than fix it.

Maybe the same applies here?
    I wasn't specifically referring to anything legal about it... more that it's just a "coincidence".

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I wasn't specifically referring to anything legal about it... more that it's just a "coincidence".
    Same, it's got to be either a knee jerk or a policy change acknowledging their potential to have caused/cause a fire in the future. And I think you're right Danno...legally I don't think yesterday makes them any more culpable for what happened 2yrs ago.

Niwot Ridge disappeared off the grid, that has to make it the winner

maybe you just call it "learning from your mistakes" and give them a high 5?

https://nwt.lternet.edu/real-time-met

The source data for Niwot Ridge ends fairly early yesterday at about 90mph. Early reports are that the snow, both inbounds and out is less fucked that many were expecting.

Here is hoping for a bit of stability and manageable W during this mid week high pressure.

IMO, Xcel's recent decisions along the Front Range have a lot more to do with events that have happened since the Marshall Fire. Of course, that tragic incident plays a part, but in the last two years, there have been numerous large wildfires elsewhere that have allegedly been caused by power lines, e.g., those in Texas, Hawaii, Oregon, California, etc.

Most significantly, just a few days ago, Xcel accepted responsibility for one of the recent Texas panhandle wildfires. (However, they denied negligence -- it will be interesting to see what happens with that.) My educated guess is that those more recent events had a much bigger role in yesterday's Front Range decisions.

The 70% eclipse just isn't that cool. Book your Aspen, CB, or GJ trip for 2045!

I was on top of Copper at 12k. Got dark enough to notice but no, not as cool as a number of years ago here. Love the funky tree shadows though.

I randomly was in the exact same place as i was for the last eclipse in Twin Lakes driving back from down south.

2017's was better from where I sat (I didn't chase any of them) but still pretty cool to experience 3 of them in 7 years in the same area. With any luck I'll still be alive for the full monty in Colorado in 2045!

Skiing was good on Aspen Mountain,
    just a tad too cool for full on spring skiing. I’d still rather do 69% at the Sundeck, than anywhere
    Hopefully I get to see the next one there, it will be on my 87th Birthday.

Does anybody know how I can find out the lowest temp last winter in my town?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau