Check Out Our Shop
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65
Results 1,601 to 1,606 of 1606

Thread: Truck Tire Time

Has anyone here run Kumho AT51/AT52?

I’m sure there are nicer/better AT tires, these happen to be available in a D range index 106 at LT215/75R15. If I go up to a LT235/75R15 I need to replace my wheels with reduced offset due to clearance issues with tire chains. Reviews seems solid for my application, which simply requires good braking on snow and ice and a stiff sidewall, the harsher the ride the better in my case since it’s going on a travel trailer.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post

I’m sure there are nicer/better AT tires, these happen to be available in a D range index 106 at LT215/75R15. If I go up to a LT235/75R15 I need to replace my wheels with reduced offset due to clearance issues with tire chains. Reviews seems solid for my application, which simply requires good braking on snow and ice and a stiff sidewall, the harsher the ride the better in my case since it’s going on a travel trailer.
    I looked at these when I was shopping and didn't come away wow'ed by the reviews. TireRack has the new Falken AT4W in that size/same weight rating for $12 cheaper than the AT51 and the outgoing AT3W $5 cheaper than that. I'd go Falken every day

Minnesota certainly has the climate and need for studded tires, but they were outlawed the year I was born - 1971. We have had extremely icy roads here most my life. There are times I've wondered about studded tires, but then just decided to drive like a sane person, and let the maniacs own the ditch.

My Falken AT3W's have been pretty awesome though.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I guess the fact that they are just about every plow truck around makes me put them in the winter tire category and very few of them are studded. Hak’s are garbage for plowing compared to duratracs. The road noise thing is most due to the sound screen in the lariats. XL and XLT are very noticeable. The sound screen is amazing.
    There on lots of plow trucks as they are three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol rated. Some commercial uses require tires with this rating for winter.

Nitto tera grappler(not recon or ridge grappler) and Toyo open country AT3, BFG AT 2 and 3, are all 3 peak rated as well.

I have duratracks on my grand Cherokee for winter and offroad. I like them as an aggressive at that wont gumb up as easy as most AT’s. I run goodyear silent armor in summer(much quieter especially for higher speed summer driving).

My next set before next winter will be Toyo AT 3. Have 2 buddies who had good results with them this winter. More sizes in C range and lighter. I hate D or E unless its a 2500 or 3500 truck hauling/towing.

My .02
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post

The AT52 are part of Kumho current rebate offer ($80 off 4). The AT51 are discontinued and replaced by the 52.

I just ordered a set of four AT51 for my truck from Amazon, as they are priced cheap right now - - 265/70/17 load range E are $144 ea. I read a bunch of reviews and they're OK - - snow traction seemed decent to good, but there were many complaints of short tread life. For my truck, a 30-40K lifespan is fine, it doesn't see that many miles per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Scratch that, I got a better deal. Canceling my Amazon order.

Instead, I got Discount Tire to do a price match on the Kumho HT51, same size and E load range, at $155/ ea. This tire is basically a copy of a Michelin LTX A/S, has a 3PMSF rating, tons of good reviews. And it's on Kumho rebate now. Total for all four installed, after rebate, will be $666.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.